Scholarships with Village, Corporate & Tribal Affiliation
- Ouzinkie Tribal Council: Higher Education & Vocational scholarships
- Ouzinkie Native Corporation: John Panamarioff, Sr. Scholarship
- Old Harbor Native Corporation Scholarship
- Natives of Kodiak, Inc.: Academic scholarship
- Tangirnaq Native Village (Woody Island Tribal Council): BIA Scholarship
- Sun’aq Tribe of Kodiak: Higher Education Scholarship. E-mail email@example.com for information.
- Sun’aq Tribe of Kodiak: Adult Vocational Training. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- CIRI Education Resources: This huge booklet contains information from selecting a school to finding an internship. It also includes hundreds of scholarship opportunities across many disciplines- the focus is on Native students, so you do not need to be affiliated with CIRI to benefit
- Native American Scholarships http://www.slideshare.net/cowanwatts/native-american-scholarships-9059010.
More Scholarship Opportunities
- American Indian College Fund
- A.W. “Winn” Brindle Memorial Education Loan (up to 50% forgiveness)
- AACA Aviation Scholarship
- Alaska Performance Scholarship
- Association on American Indian Affairs (AAIA)
- First Alaskans Institute – Public Policy Fellowship
- Gates Millenium Scholarship
- National Indian Education Association (NIEA)
- National Indian Law Library Scholarships, Grants, and Financial Aid for College
- Single-Parents Scholarship by OnlineCOlleges.org
- Tylenol Future Care Scholarship Tylenol is awarding a total of $250,000 in scholarships to 40 future healthcare professionals. Deadline May 31, 2012.
KEF is continuously engaged in researching partnership opportunities with organizations to develop mutually beneficial internship programs for our students and partner corporations.
- Koniag Angayuk (partner) Scholarship & Internship (Deadline: January 15)
Koniag, Inc. and the Koniag Education Foundation (KEF) have jointly coordinated an internship scholarship program to seek out Koniag’s best and brightest shareholders and descendants to intern in subsidiaries of Koniag Development Corporation (KDC) and establish relationships between our future leaders and Koniag, Inc. The selected intern(s) will be awarded an annual scholarship of $10,000 from Koniag, Inc. for the duration of their post-secondary educational training. Click here to learn more.
- Alyeska Pipeline Summer Internship
Alyeska Pipeline Service Company seeks applications from highly motivated college students currently attending an accredited university. Specifically Alyeska is looking for individuals who are seeking more than just a summer position, but a future career pathway by participating in a 12 – week paid internship program on the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS).
Preparing For College
- Useful Guidelines: Click here for a set of useful guidelines to prepare yourself for college. (View Guidelines)
- Free GED Prep Courses: Charter College has developed a series of classes to help those without a high school diploma overcome that hurdle and earn their GED. (More Details) To speak to someone directly about this program in the Anchorage area and to see if Charter College is right for you, contact Max Crismon at (907) 777-1312 or email@example.com
- Education Resource Handbook: Click here for the CIRI Foundation Education Resource Handbook. The handbook contains: preparation information to attend a post-secondary education program, financial aid opportunities, “how-to” reference materials, financial aid definitions, and other educational support services at the post-secondary level.
- Project Puqigtut: A high school success program for 21st century Alaska Native or American Indian students. Students are able to earn core credit through online coursework to get on-track to graduate or get ahead. (More Information)
Top 5 Reasons To Advance Your Education (click here)
Hands on Banking (click here)
Take charge of your future, learn about the career that’s right for you, how to begin saving, building credit, banking, and smart spending.
- Alutiiq Studies Program – A new program offering a Certificate, Endorsement, and Associates degree in Alaska Native Studies.
- Alaska Vocational Technical Center (AVTEC) – Great Careers For Alaskans.
- College/Graduate Horizons – Summer Programs for college & high school students.
- Project Puqigtut – Online high school success program for 21st century Alaska Native students. For more information call 907-742-4872.
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium – JOBS
- AlaskaNativeJobs.com “Offering a pool of native talent”
- Koniag, Inc. – JOBS
- Search Alaska’s Job Database
- Workplace Alaska – State JOBS
Cultural Resources & Literature
- Alaska Native Knowledge Network Resources for compiling and exchanging information related to Alaska Native knowledge systems and ways of knowing.
- Alaska Native Student Network on FACEBOOK Connect with Alaska Native students on Facebook.
- Alutiiq Museum & Newsletter
- First Alaskans Institute
- Alaska Federation of Natives
- Alaska Native Heritage Center
- Follow the Imamsuat Dancers on Facebook
- Do Alaska Natives Get Free Medical Care?
- Native American Literature Sources
- Alaska Native Professional Association
- American Association of University Women Education Foundation
- American Indian College Fund
- Association of American Indian Physicians
- College Answer Preparing for College
- College Board Scholarship Search
- College Scholarships.com
- CollegeBoard Inspiring Minds
- Cook Inlet Region, Inc. (“CIRI”) / The CIRI Foundation
- Guaranteed Scholarships
- Harvard University Native American Program
- Intel Science Talent Search
- IRS.gov (ARRA TAX CREDIT) $2,500
- National Indian Education Assoc.
- Office of Postsecondary Education
- The Alaska Community Foundation
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund