Scholarships with Village, Corporate & Tribal Affiliation
- CIRI Education Resources: This booklet contains information from selecting a school to finding an internship. It also includes hundreds of scholarship opportunities across many disciplines- the focus is on Native students, so you do not need to be affiliated with CIRI to benefit.
- Ouzinkie Tribal Council: Higher Education & Vocational scholarships
- Old Harbor Native Corporation Scholarship
- Natives of Kodiak, Inc.: Academic scholarship
- Sun’aq Tribe of Kodiak: Higher Education Scholarship. E-mail email@example.com for information.
- Sun’aq Tribe of Kodiak: Adult Vocational Training. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Tangirnaq Native Village (Woody Island Tribal Council): BIA Scholarship
More Scholarship Opportunities
- American Indian College Fund
- AACA Aviation Scholarship
- Alaska Commission for Postsecondary Education
- Association on American Indian Affairs (AAIA)
- First Alaskans Institute – Public Policy Fellowship & Internship Programs
- Gates Millennium Scholarship
- National Indian Education Association (NIEA)
- Nursing Student Scholarship (NEW)
KEF is continuously engaged in researching partnership opportunities with organizations to develop mutually beneficial internship programs for our students and partner corporations.
- Koniag Angayuk (partner) Scholarship & Internship (Open November 15, Deadline January 15)
Koniag, Inc. and the Koniag Education Foundation (KEF) have jointly coordinated an internship scholarship program to seek out Koniag’s best and brightest shareholders and descendants to intern in subsidiaries of Koniag Development Corporation (KDC) and establish relationships between our future leaders and Koniag, Inc. The selected intern(s) will be awarded an annual scholarship of $5,000.00 from Koniag, Inc. for the duration of their post-secondary educational training.
- Alutiiq Studies Program – A new program offering a Certificate, Endorsement, and Associates degree in Alaska Native Studies.
- ANNSEP – The Alaska Native Science & Engineering Program (ANSEP) has a suite of opportunities for middle school, high school and college students interested in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) degree programs and careers.
- Alaska Vocational Technical Center (AVTEC) – Great Careers For Alaskans.
- College/Graduate Horizons – Summer Programs for college & high school students.
Start your Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) here!
Completing the FAFSA is the first step for anyone making college plans. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is the form that the federal government, states, colleges and other organizations use to award financial aid. Submitting it is your key to accessing grants, scholarships, work-study programs and federal student loans. You will submit it each year you are planning on attending college whether you are a part-time or full-time student. Even though you may think you are over income, please apply.FAFSACompletionOnePagerFinal
Other Useful Links
- Alaska Native Professional Association
- American Association of University Women Education Foundation
- Anchorage School District Transcript Orders
- Association of American Indian Physicians
- College Answer Preparing for College
- College Board Scholarship Search
- College Scholarships.com
- CollegeBoard Inspiring Minds
- Harvard University Native American Program
- Intel Science Talent Search
- The Alaska Community Foundation